Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Looking at the past, but not living in the past...

If we long to live in the past, or wish things were they way they used to be, we'll miss the blessings of our here and now...our future.
In our family alone, here are the things we would have missed had it not been for the future...

 We have been blessed by our "Family Fast For Freedom" for Reid
          and have seen God move in a powerful way and are trusting Him!
We have added 4 new members to our family in Ashton, Justin, Jake &
         Cassie Jo...
We found out about a 5th addition, and what a "Story" that was and will be!
Ashton continues to provide gut wrenching entertainment that all started with
        "nut my crackers"...
Hayley moved back to Waco and is on,what I'm sure will prove to be,
        "A Great Adventure"...
   oh...and she blessed us with the perfect dog, Bayley,
        who has perfect cousins, Lucy, Sadie, Donovan, Kitty & Lola
Clif & I went through some dark days but have found such promise
        on the other side! Clif LOVES his job!
Julie is in the midst of changing careers and we are so proud of you!
Taylor continues to amaze us with her hard work ethic and deep desire to be
        the best caregiver ever!
Justin's graduation and new teaching job; we are excited for you!
Jeff and Mollie joining us at Brock's wedding
        and making that memory complete ~
oh, did I mention, Brock's MARRIED!!!
oh, and that Jake & Taylor are Broadway Bound!
Speaking of New York...
Austin started a new job in NYC and we saw God move big time in that!
We've seen what it means to "serve someone you love" in
        Big Daddy's care for Libby.
Mammaw has shown us how courageous one can be,
        even in the midst of chronic pain.
Brooke has amazed us all with the load she carries and the JOY she exudes!
Brynn showed us there is room for more than 1 "Martha Stewart" in every family!
Pat & Tanya continue to provide LOVE, ENCOURAGEMENT, MERCY, GRACE
        & STRENGTH, not only to us, but to the entire world!
Reid has taught us SO much about SO much!
and Munner has taught us how to LIVE even to the age of 98!

and then, looking to the future,
we all get to meet Casey at C h r i s t m a s !
So...we don't live in the past; we remember it, learn from it, repeat some of it, forget some of it and then we move forward and look to the promise of a new day ...
I believe Paul says it best...
 

Philippians 3:13 (The Message)
Focused on the Goal
 12-14I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Blessed...Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment